The Graduate School at UMBC and PROMISE view diversity as a central part of our vision for creating the best, most effective academic community to push this country forward through outstanding teaching and excellent research, creative scholarship, fieldwork and contributions to society through professional work.
Explore how we champion and support diversity by connecting graduate students to:
- Fellowship Programs such as the GEM fellowship, Meyerhoff Grad Program, and LSAMP Bridge to Doctorate
- PROMISE programming including monthly success seminars (see our myUMBC page or current calendar) and yearly events (see flagship events)
- Professional Organizations for underrepresented scholars
- Graduate Student Organizations for underrepresented scholars and international students
- Other UMBC Groups of Interest